To maintain and develop relationships with current and new customers/prospects. Grow and maintain existing business opportunities. Seek new opportunities within current account base to grow sales and GP for the company. Maintain constant contact with current account base. Obtain new business opportunities within a specified region.
- Make personal contact with the customer and prospect decision makers weekly through calls and visits.
- Maintain and service existing business with the Account base.
- Develop new business within existing Account base.
- Develop new business with accounts currently not doing business with Kaufman Container Company.
- Work with Project Development team on custom and international projects to obtain required samples, develop quotes, get required technical information, and put in place any warehousing or stocking needs.
- To ensure that all business developed is at a margin that is in line with Kaufman Container’s goals for profitability.
- Respond in an appropriate manner on quality or service issues that arise in the course of day to day business.
- Work with the various suppliers and Kaufman Container departments to best meet the on-going needs of the customer base.
- Keep Kaufman Container updated on competitive information in the marketplace that may have an effect on Kaufman Container’s long-term financial goals.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Monitor both stock no and stock yes inventory and balance the risk/rewards of maintaining that inventory.
- Maintain profiles of active customers and prospects detailing current buying habits, key customer contacts, volume of items purchased both from Kaufman Container and competition, and any pertinent financial information on that customer.
- Interact with the Management team of Kaufman Container, primarily the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- College Graduate – Bachelor’s Degree Preferred - Business major is preferred but not required.
- Proven track record of success in the field of sales, either Distribution or Direct Manufacturer.
- 1 – 5 years sales experience.- packaging experience preferred