In addition to our decorating capabilities, Kaufman Container can also assist you when it comes to Barcode symbols. Please see the following helpful tips regarding our barcode requirements:
- Kaufman recommends the barcode symbol be at 100% magnification (1 ½" x 1 1/16"). We prefer to develop the barcode to the specifications that accommodate our printing process.
- The contrast between the ink color chosen to print the symbol and substrate (bottle color) is most important. If there is not enough contrast between these two surfaces, the symbol will not scan.
- Ink color on symbols should be addressed through Kaufman Container to assure scanability of the symbol.
- Best results are achieved when the symbol is placed on the artwork with the bars running in the same printing direction as the printing stroke. The symbol will be on its side, lines running horizontally, when the container is sitting on its base.
- Symbols printed directly on natural bottles cannot be verified for scanability, and we do not guarantee scanability on symbols printed less than 100%.
Our art department is always available for assistance with any questions you may have regarding artwork development and decorating opportunities. If you have any questions, please contact a Kaufman Container representative.